Sales and promotions are a great way for businesses to draw in new customers and to get loyal customers to buy more. The key to a successful promotion is good advertisement. When a company advertises a sale, they need to focus on omnichannel advertising. The sale should be mentioned throughout different channels so that it reaches a variety of customers through their preferred method of communication. Whether this means using an outbound call center to let customers know about an upcoming sale, or creating social media posts, omnichannel advertising is key! Read on to learn more about how to let customers know about an upcoming sale.
Outbound Call Center Marketing
While many customers turn to email and social media to hear from their favorite companies, there are still those who prefer talking over the phone. To them, a phone call is more personal and a great chance to get questions answered without having to wait for a response. Typically, outbound call center marketing is more successful with older generation customers who are more accustomed to this form of communication. The best strategy for outbound call marketing, is to market to your loyal customers as well as to new customers. Your loyal customers will love to hear from you and these calls are likely to lead to conversion.
Outbound Call Center Marketing to New Customers
In addition, it is important to market to new customers as well. Use previous customer data like demographics, age, and interests to find new leads. These customers are great to call because they are similar to your current customer base but simply might not know about your brand. By calling them, you introduce them to your company while also drawing them in with a sale/promotion.
Send Out an Email Blast
Email is one of the most successful forms of marketing. Whether you are sending emails about sales, upcoming events, new products, or just feel-good messages, email is a great way to get your customers to buy your goods or services. The key to a good email marketing strategy is to make your email stand out so that customers open it instead of deleting it. Here are some great email strategies to try out on your next email:
- Create an exciting subject line. For a sale and promotion, subject lines like “Newly Marked Down!” or “Fresh Cuts” or “20% Off for a Limited Time,” are great ways to get your customer to open the email and check out your sale.
- Personalize the email. For example, instead of just saying “Hello!” say “Hello Mary!” Using a customer’s name is a great way to draw their eyes to the email.
- Use an appropriate mix of pictures and text. Your email should not be too text heavy because then no one will read it. Focus more on pictures, bold headings, and quick sentences or bullet points to get your message across.
- Provide links to your website. This gives customers a chance to shop with you online or at least head to your website to learn more about your brand.
- Provide links to social media sites. These emails are a great way to get your customers to follow you on social media. Having your customer interact with you on multiple channels is a great way to market things in different ways to hopefully inspire them to buy your products or services.
- Give customers a way to contact you. At the end of the email you should always provide customers with a way to contact your business, whether this is by email, phone, or both. This allows the customer to follow up if they have remaining questions.
Advertise on Social Media
Last but not least, social media is a great place to market sales and promotions. You should market the sale on all your different channels of social media. Use fun graphics and exciting wording to get customers excited about the sale. Social media is also a great place to interact with your customers. For example, maybe you post in your Instagram story about your sale and then add a question box saying “What will you buy for 20% off?” This gives your customers a chance to interact with your brand and get excited about your promotion. Remember, if your customers are interacting with you over social media, it is important that you respond and do other things like reposting and liking things that they post about your brand. This digital interaction is key to gaining a loyal customer base.
In addition to social media posts, many companies decide to get a Facebook business account and create paid ads to reach more customers. With paid social ads, you can market content to social media users far beyond those who follow you. This is a great way to find new customers and let them know about your brand and promotion.
Omnichannel Marketing and Support
When it comes to advertising sales through various channels, an outbound call center, email blast, and social media are three great places to start. In addition to marketing to new customers, it is also important to generate new leads. Communication with customers should always be positive, polite, and informative no matter what channel is being used. Sales are a great way to bring your loyal customers back in and to attract new customers. The key to a successful sale is advertising and also studying analytics. By studying analytics, you can see what worked and didn’t work when it comes to your advertising strategy. This will help you dial in your strategy next time you are marketing a sale. If all of this seems overwhelming, don’t stress.
Millennial Services offers omnichannel support in order to save you time and money. We learn all about your business and then provide your customers with top notch support, whether that’s through phone calls, responding to emails, or responding to social media messages. In addition, we will help you analyze the success of your campaigns by studying analytics and KPIs. For more information about the services we provide, contact Millennial Services today.